- 1 cup warm water (110-115 degrees)
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 TBS olive oil
- Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Allow to proof for 15 minutes.
- Add olive oil, 2 cups flour, and Italian seasoning (to taste) and salt.
- Add remaining flour until dough is rubbery and slightly tacky, but not firm. Knead dough on a lightly floured surface for approximately five minutes.
- Form dough into a ball and place in greased bowl (turn once to grease top and bottom). Cover and set in a warm place for one hour (I put dough in my oven with the light on).
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Roll dough into preferred shape on baking sheet or stone and brush with olive oil.
- Top as desired and bake 15-20 minutes (or until crust is lightly browned).
Yields two pizzas.
*Please note proximity to Thanksgiving.