We love a good Friday night pizza party with friends. This Simple Pizza Dough Recipe is easy to make and can be frozen to have several pie crusts ready ahead of time. Go ahead, get creative with the toppings! I think my favorite is Barbecue Cheddar Pizza. YUMMMMMM.
1. Buffalo turkey, 2. Cheese, 3. Meatball,
4. Cheese, 5. White, 6. Barbecue turkey.
Simple Pizza Dough Ingredients:
- 1 cup warm water (110-115 degrees)
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- optional: Italian seasoning
Simple Pizza Dough Directions:
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Allow to proof for 15 minutes, then add olive oil, 2 cups flour, and Italian seasoning (to taste) and salt.
- Add remaining flour until dough is rubbery and slightly tacky, but not firm. Knead dough on a lightly floured surface for approximately five minutes.
- Form dough into a ball and place in greased bowl (turn once to grease top and bottom). Cover and set in a warm place for one hour (I put dough in my oven with the light on).
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Roll dough into preferred shape on baking sheet or stone and brush with olive oil. Stab several times with a fork (go ahead, it's Friday night, take out your work week frustrations!). Bake 5-7 minutes.
- If you want to freeze your crust, allow to cool and then do so now!
- Top as desired and bake an additional 15-20 minutes (or until crust is lightly browned). If you prefer a crispier crust, you can remove it from the baking sheet and do this part directly on the oven rack.
Yields two pizzas.
Wait! Don't have the ingredients or time for traditional pizza dough? No worries! Check out this: Bisquick Pizza Dough Recipe!
Feeling like an overachiever? How about impressing your guests by making your own sauce with this Slow Cooker Marinara Recipe.
And what's a pizza party without garlic knots? Not to worry, these work up in just two minutes!