- 32oz beef broth
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp powdered onion
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 2 ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 (.7 ounce) package dry Italian-style salad dressing mix (such as Good Seasons brand)
- 8lb bottom round roast cut into quarters and slightly de-fatified (yes, I totally made that word up)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except meat and bay leaves. Whisk together.
- Put meat into slow cooker.
- Pour seasoned broth mix over meat.
- Add bay leaves.
- Cook on low for 10 to 12 hours, or on high for 4 to 5 hours.
- Pull apart meat (I did it in a separate bowl for convenience).
- Skim fat from broth, remove bay leaves, and reintroduce meat to broth.
- Serve on Crusty French Bread with provolone cheese. (And for a really authentic flavor, dip the whole sandwich into the broth immediately prior to serving.) YUM.
This would easily serve ten. I freeze most of it!