I came up with this as an alternative to doing a brown-sugar or honey mustard glaze at my husband's request. We like it and I think you will too!
- 1 precooked ham (4 - 5 lbs), roughly chopped into large chunks
- 2 Russet potatoes, cubed
- 1/2 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 3 (heaping) TBS minced garlic
- 1 large zucchini or summer squash, chopped
- All purpose seasoning (I use Aunt Cora's Soulful Seasoning)
- 1 TBS olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine potatoes, onion, pepper, garlic and squash in a large baking dish.
- Pour olive oil over vegetables and mix to coat.
- Sprinkle vegetables liberally with all purpose seasoning.
- Place ham chunks over vegetables and sprinkle with all purpose seasoning.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for 45 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
Serves 4-6 adults.