Sockarooni Turkey Meatballs
These light, healthy turkey meatballs made with onions, carrots and mushrooms taste divine in Newman’s Own Sockarooni Pasta Sauce.
Prep Time: 5 – 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 – 30 minutes
1. Lean ground turkey, 2 pounds
2. One small onion, chopped
3. 3 cloves garlic, chopped
4. 2 cups white mushrooms, chopped
5. 1 cup carrots, chopped
6. ½ cup italian bread crumbs
7. 1 jar Newman’s Own Sockarooni Pasta Sauce
8. 1Tbsp olive oil
1. Saute onion, mushrooms, garlic, and carrots in olive oil for about 5 minutes (until carrots are soft and onions are translucent).
2. Puree cooked onion, mushrooms, garlic and carrots in food processor.
3. In a large bowl combine vegetable puree, ground turkey, eggs and bread crumbs. Knead with your hands until thoroughly mixed. Do not overknead.
4. Form 30 meatballs on a parchment (or foil) covered baking sheet. Bake at 365 degrees for 20-25 minutes (until browned). Remove from oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
5. Toss meatballs with Newman’s Own Sockarooni Pasta Sauce and serve!