One of my very favorite meals. This spicy vegetable curry is fantastic on its own OR served over brown rice. My husband loves it with grilled chicken, too! This recipe freezes beautifully, so go ahead and make extra!
Spicy Vegetable Curry Ingredients:
- 15 ounces coconut milk (about 1 can)
- 30 ounces chicken (or vegetable) stock
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow squash, chopped
- 15 ounce can of diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 eggplant, chopped
- 4 tablespoons of curry powder (I use Blue Mountain Jamaican Curry Powder)
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
Spicy Vegetable Curry Directions:
- Place chopped vegetables (but NOT tomatoes) into a covered casserole or roasting pan, toss with olive oil and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Roast vegetables, covered, at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Add stock, coconut milk, curry powder and tomatoes. Stir well and return to oven (covered) for forty-five minutes.
Do you love curry? Then make sure to check out my recipes for Pumpkin Soup (yes, the secret ingredient is curry!) and Curry Mustard Sauce. Also, my friend Elaine makes an awesome Red Thai Seafood Curry.