- 6 cups oats (NOT the quick cooking kind)
- 1 cup applesauce
- 2 tablespoons (real) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons oil (I used olive oil)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup coconut flour (optional, you could also use 1 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut)
- 1/2 cup chopped or slivered almonds (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped sunflower seeds (optional)
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 cup dried cranberries (optional)
- In a large bowl combine oats, nuts, seeds, coconut flour (or shredded coconut), and cinnamon.
- In a smaller bowl combine honey, oil, brown sugar and applesauce.
- Pour liquid ingredients over dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Spread over a baking sheet and cook in a 250 degree oven for about 90 minutes, mixing every 30 minutes or so. (You want to remove them when they become a light brown/golden color. They will crisp up after they are completely cooled.)
- Remove from oven & allow to cool. When cooled completely add your dried fruit.
- Enjoy! (I love this with cold milk as a substitute for breakfast cereal, my kids like to snack on it by the handfuls).
Yield: Approximately one gallon sized bag.