I know, it's a mouthful. Literally! I made these french toast waffles on a whim for our breakfast this morning and it was a big hit. But then, who doesn't love breakfast laced with cinnamon and vanilla.
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup milk (I used whole milk)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon real vanilla extract
- 6 slices whole wheat bread
- Whisk all ingredients (except bread) in a large bowl.
- Soak each slice for about a minute (half on each side) and place on a hot waffle maker.
- Cook 5 - 7 minutes, until fluffy, browned and cooked through.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and drizzle with maple syrup.