This stir fry dish is a quickie dinner for when you want something healthy, but don't want to think too hard. Or at all, really. Fifteen minutes (or less) from 'start' to 'in-mah-belly.' Can't beat that with a stick.
Quickie Stir Fry Ingredients:
- 3 chicken breast cubed and sprinkled with salt and pepper*
- 1 package of frozen vegetables, stir fry blend (we get ours at Costco, but you can find them in most grocery store freezer sections near the frozen bags of broccoli and corn.)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 package quick cooking rice
Quickie Stir Fry Directions:
- Prepare rice per package instructions.
- While rice is cooking, saute chicken in a large skillet for 2-3 minutes.
- Add vegetables, hoisin sauce and soy sauce to skillet and stir well.
- Cook covered for about ten minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over brown rice while patting yourself on the back for job well done.
*Steak, shrimp or pork loin would work well too!
[Serves 3-5 depending on size of chicken breasts and amount of vegetables used.]