I have been searching for the perfect restaurant style cornbread recipe for years. Okay, okay, let me amend that statement. I have been searching for the perfect, really really stupidly simple, restaurant style cornbread recipe for years.
And by searching, I mean I ask people for their recipes when I like their cornbread. Usually it involves actual baking knowledge, so I tune out at about the 6th ingredient.
Until I heard a rumor that the secret was cake. Yes, cake! So, voila. Here it is, your really really stupidly simple recipe for the perfect cornbread. You are very welcome.
Restaurant Style Cornbread Recipe Ingredients:
- 2 packages corn bread mix (8.5 ounces each), prepared per package directions
- 1 package yellow cake mix (15.25 ounces), prepared per package directions
Restaurant Style Cornbread Recipe Directions:
- Combine cornbread batter and cake batter in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until fully incorporated.
- Pour into two lined and greased 18" x 12" baking sheets* and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees, or until cornbread is lightly browned on top and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool and then serve with something delicious, like my Wendy's Style Chili or Corn and Potato Chowder!
*As with most of my recipes, this makes a whole mess of a lot of food. BUT! It can be frozen! Oh, yes.