This Slow Cooker Spaghetti Marinara Sauce Recipe comes to my rescue when we (inevitably) run out of jarred marinara sauce on spaghetti night. Thankfully it's made from ingredients I always have floating around the pantry, it's super easy, and 'oh hey!' it tastes good too! Go ahead and make it a meal with whole grain pasta, or Zucchini Noodles, Turkey Meatballs, and Two Minute Garlic Knots!
The great thing about this sauce is that it's so customizable. If you love black olives in your sauce, throw them in! Hate garlic? Skip it! Going paleo? Omit the sugar! Also, it makes your house smell amazing. Mmmmm...
Crock Pot Marinara Sauce Recipe Ingredients:
- 2 cans crushed tomatoes, 28 ounces each
- 1 can tomato paste, 12 ounces
- 1 medium/large sweet yellow onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced (I use jarred)
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (optional, to cut acidity)
- 1/2 to 1 cup Parmesan cheese (to taste)
Crock Pot Marinara Sauce Recipe Directions:
- Combine all ingredients EXCEPT brown sugar and Parmesan cheese in the crock pot. Give a quick stir and cook on high for 4 -6 hours or low for 8-10 hours.
- Puree sauce to desired consistency using an immersion blender (or by carefully transferring to an upright blender).
- Stir in brown sugar and Parmesan cheese.