You all know how I love a soup. But I have to be honest, some soups confound me. I can make a mean chowder or stew, but when it comes to Asian soups I'm a little lost. So I was thrilled when Pacific Natural Foods contacted me and asked if I would give their new Soup Starters line a try. They have a Tom Yum Starter, a Pho Starter, and a Tortilla Soup Starter.
The Starters are so tasty you could drink them straight from the carton, but if you want to get a touch fancier, it's crazy easy. Here's my simple twist on the traditional Tom Yum Soup. Only takes a couple minutes and will make your friends think you slaved all day. But who are we kidding, don't share with friends - enjoy it all for yourself!
Quickie Coconut Tomato Tom Yum Soup Ingredients:
- 1 quart Tom Yum Soup Starter
- 1 can coconut milk (14 ounces)
- 1/2 can diced tomatoes, drained (14 ounce can)
- 16 ounce package frozen stir fry or Japanese blend vegetables
- 14 ounces prepared soba noodles or stir fry noodles
- optional garnishes: lime, Thai basil, red pepper flakes, cilantro
Quickie Coconut Tomato Tom Yum Soup Directions:
- Combine soup starter, coconut milk, and tomatoes in a stock pot and simmer about 5 minutes. Blend with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Stir in vegetables and bring back to a simmer.
- Stir in noodles and cook until noodles are heated through. Serve immediately.
From Pacific Natural Foods:
"The Soup Starters line, which launched last year with Vietnamese-style Pho soup base, makes it easy and convenient to step outside of the same old dinner routine with a DIY-version of your restaurant favorites at home. More importantly, each family member can customize their meal with their favorite fresh ingredients, making it easy to please everyone at the table (in less than 30 minutes!)."
Leave a comment below telling me what your favorite soup is and you will be entered to win a sample pack of these delicious Soup Starters from Pacific Foods!
>>>You must leave your email address in the comments so I can get in touch with you if you're the winner.<<<
Mailing addresses in the continental US only, please. Winner will be chosen by random number generator. Contest is void where prohibited and ends 12am eastern time, December 12, 2012. Mama Loves Food and all affiliates/owners/operators/writers/associates maintain no liability whatsoever for any alleged injury born of or related to this contest and by entering you agree to as much.
-=This is a sponsored post from Pacific Natural Foods. All opinions stated are my own=-