Bacon mayonnaise? Baconnaise?! Yes, yes, yes!!! It's flavorful, and unctuous, and you're going to want to put it on absolutely everything. It's basically the new ranch dressing. Wait, maybe I should make my ranch dressing WITH baconnaise?! Whoa. Mind BLOWN.
Bacon Mayonnaise, Ingredients:
- 2 small eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 1/2 cup rendered bacon fat, liquid (room temperature, not hot)
Bacon Mayonnaise, Directions:
- Add eggs, salt, and lemon juice (in that order) to a small mason jar (make sure the mouth is wide enough to fit your immersion blender, but not much wider).
- Pour in avocado oil and rendered bacon fat, then allow the eggs to settle back to the bottom.
- Set your immersion blender to the bottom of the mason jar, over the eggs, and blend on high. You'll start to see the mixture emulsify from the bottom up. If it has trouble getting the last part up top, give the blender a little wiggle.
- When it's done emulsifying you can use it right away, but you'll notice this mayo is just a little runnier than store bought (there's a sciencey reason behind why) - but not to worry! It sets up perfectly in the fridge. So, chill for a bit, and...
|How beautiful are these ingredients?!|
|Okay, not so beautiful at this point.|