I'm pretty sure acorn squash is the new pumpkin. Well, at least for me. This Brie Topped Maple Walnut Acorn Squash just did me in. What is it about gourds? I love 'em. Yum. Just like a muffin, this bad boy is perfect for breakfast, lunch, or (and!) dinner!
Brie Topped Maple Walnut Acorn Squash, Ingredients:
- Acorn squash, cut in half with seeds scooped out
- 1/2 tablespoon of butter PER half acorn
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup, PER half acorn
- 1/4 cup shelled walnuts, PER half acorn
- salt, to taste
- brie, 3-4 cubes
Brie Topped Maple Walnut Acorn Squash, Directions:
- Put acorns in a deep broiler-safe dish, cavity side up.
- Place butter and walnuts in the cavity of each acorn, then pour maple syrup over top and sprinkle liberally with salt.
- Pour about 1/2 inch of water into the bottom of the pan.
- Cover pan tightly with foil and bake at 425 degrees for about 50 minutes, until acorn flesh is soft.
- Remove foil and put brie cubes in the cavity of each acorn. Broil on the top rack for 2 - 3 minutes until acorns and cheese are slightly browned.
- Garnish with a smidge more maple syrup and serve with a spoon. Enjoy!