This Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Baked Potato is one of my favorite quickie meals. Sometimes I just don't feel like eating with the kids. After spending all day in the chaos, I just want to enjoy my food in quiet solitude after they've all gone to bed and the husband has snuck off to the gym.
But by the time things settle down, it's late. And the last thing I feel like doing is putting together a big meal. So I have a few yummy stand-bys that make the regular late-night meal rotation. This Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Baked Potato being one of my favorites.
Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Baked Potato, Ingredients:
- 1 medium/large Russet potato, washed and thoroughly poked with a fork
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken (here's how I always have cooked chicken on hand)
- 2 slices American cheese (or whatever your favorite cheese is!) (skip this if you're W30'ing)
- 1 - 2 cups broccoli (I usually use frozen)
- optional: butter and/or chicken stock
Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Baked Potato, Directions:
- Place poked potato in a glass or ceramic bowl with a plate over top. Microwave on high in 2 minute increments, until potato is cooked through (should take about 6 - 8 minutes total, depending on the size of your tater).
- Cut potato open and, if you prefer a moist potato (I do), place a pat of butter or some chicken stock over top. Layer on chicken, broccoli, then cheese and microwave an additional 2-3 minutes, uncovered.