Old Fashioned Vegetable Beef Soup, just like mom (or the diner) always made it. This simple recipe can be made in the slow cooker or on the stovetop and it will warm both your belly and your heart!
Remember the eighties when every single restaurant ever had Vegetable Beef Soup on the menu? Our favorite throw-back steak house still offers it. Along with wood paneling and a "Six Pound Challenge." Well, anyway, this is that soup. But made easy with a slow cooker! Mmmmmm.
I don't peel my potatoes. The skin is full of nutrients and it just adds more work, so I can't figure why I would spend my time doing this! There are much better things to do - like nap. Hahahaha, I have five kids. I don't nap either.
If you have fresh tomatoes, that's awesome. If you don't, canned works just as well. Don't stress over this. Life has too many stressors already!
Same goes for the rest of the veggies - canned, frozen, fresh, a mix of whatever's on hand is perfectly alright! Here I used fresh tomato and carrot, but frozen corn and green beans!
Slow Cooker Vegetable Beef Soup, Ingredients:
- 6 cups diced russet potatoes, not peeled
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes (canned is fine)
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 2 cups kernel corn
- 2 cups chopped green beans
- 2-3 pounds stew meat, chopped bite size
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 4 cups beef broth (or 4 cups hot water + 2 bullion cubes)
Slow Cooker Vegetable Beef Soup, Directions:
- Add everything to the slow cooker (I used my 7 quart cooker) and cook high 6 hours or low 10 hours.
- Serve with crunchy french bread and enjoy!