Remember the eighties when every single restaurant ever had Vegetable Beef Soup on the menu? Our favorite throw-back steak house still offers it. Along with wood paneling and a "Six Pound Challenge." Well, anyway, this is that soup. But made easy with a slow cooker! Mmmmmm.
Slow Cooker Vegetable Beef Soup, Ingredients:
- 6 cups diced russet potatoes, not peeled
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes (canned is fine)
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 2 cups kernel corn
- 2 cups chopped green beans
- 2-3 pounds stew meat, chopped bite size
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 4 cups beef broth (or 4 cups hot water + 2 bullion cubes)
Slow Cooker Vegetable Beef Soup, Directions:
- Add everything to the slow cooker (I used my 7 quart cooker) and cook high 6 hours or low 10 hours.
- Serve with crunchy french bread and enjoy!