This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of JOLLY TIME Pop Corn. All opinions are 100% mine.
My kids are at the age now where board games and card games are a lot of fun. As a board game fanatic, I have looked forward to this for a long time! The older three can read (yay!), so they're good on their own, and the two little ones team up with mom and dad - which makes for some pretty epic game nights. While we love our movies and video games, it's special to unplug and really engage one another. Turns out, we're all pretty competitive too!
When we have game nights I like to make a special treat that everyone can share while we play. Tonight it was Vanilla Butter Popcorn. Sweet, salty, buttery. YUMMMM. And it only takes a couple minutes to put together using the microwave. No big mess, no big time commitment, but plenty of deliciousness for the family.
Vanilla Butter Popcorn, Ingredients:
- 2 large bags microwave popcorn - butter flavor
- 8 ounces vanilla candy coating
- colorful sugar sprinkles
Vanilla Butter Popcorn, Directions:
- Prepare one bag of popcorn according to package directions, then spread popped popcorn in a single layer on a lined baking sheet.
- Melt the vanilla candy coating in the microwave mine took about 90 seconds, in 30 second increments.
- Drizzle vanilla coating over popcorn (you can use a spatula or pour the coating into a sandwich bag and snip off the tip), toss popcorn with a spatula to make sure it all gets some coating.
- Sprinkle colored sugar over popcorn while candy coating is still warm and allow coating to set (you can stick it in the fridge for a minute or two if you want).
- Pop second bag of popcorn and toss both batches together.
- Serve and ENJOY!
We used JOLLY TIME Pop Corn (Blast O Butter!) in our recipe. The American Pop Corn Company of Sioux City, Iowa, is an independent and family-owned company that, for more than 100 years, has produced and marketed JOLLY TIME Pop Corn, the first-ever branded popcorn. JOLLY TIME offers a variety of traditional, microwave and ready-to-eat popcorn products in grocery stores nationwide and in nearly 40 countries around the globe. It has the only microwave and Ready-to-Eat popcorn endorsed by Weight Watchers®. JOLLY TIME Pop Corn is gluten free and is made using GMO-free popcorn. You can learn more at www.jollytime.com or visit JOLLY TIME Pop Corn on Facebook!
Have you heard of the JOLLY TIME Pop Corn family pledge? The family pledge invites you to:
Unplug. Pop. Connect.
Disconnect from all technology and enjoy some quality time! For example: Turn off the TV, pop a bowl of your favorite JOLLY TIME Pop Corn and break out the family board games! Not into board games? No problem! How about some freeze-tag or hoops? Maybe a sewing circle or family craft time. Doesn't matter what you do, just pick an activity and connect with your people!
Whether you're already avid unpluggers or just now deciding to give it a go, head over to JOLLY TME Pop Corn’s Unplug Pop Connect site and share your family pledges in order to receive a high value coupon or possibly win a prize package!