This Vanilla Butter Popcorn with Colorful Sprinkles Recipe is a simple and fun snack perfect for your family game night or weekend party plans!
My kids are at the age now where board games and card games are a lot of fun. As a board game fanatic, I have looked forward to this for a long time! The older three can read (yay!), so they're good on their own, and the two little ones team up with mom and dad - which makes for some pretty epic game nights. While we love our movies and video games, it's special to unplug and really engage one another. Turns out, we're all pretty competitive too!
When we have game nights I like to make a special treat that everyone can share while we play. Tonight it was Vanilla Butter Popcorn. Sweet, salty, buttery. YUMMMM. And it only takes a couple minutes to put together using the microwave. No big mess, no big time commitment, but plenty of deliciousness for the family.
Vanilla Butter Popcorn, Ingredients:
- 2 large bags microwave popcorn - butter flavor
- 8 ounces vanilla candy coating
- colorful sugar sprinkles
Vanilla Butter Popcorn, Directions:
- Prepare one bag of popcorn according to package directions, then spread popped popcorn in a single layer on a lined baking sheet.
- Melt the vanilla candy coating in the microwave mine took about 90 seconds, in 30 second increments.
- Drizzle vanilla coating over popcorn (you can use a spatula or pour the coating into a sandwich bag and snip off the tip), toss popcorn with a spatula to make sure it all gets some coating.
- Sprinkle colored sugar over popcorn while candy coating is still warm and allow coating to set (you can stick it in the fridge for a minute or two if you want).
- Pop second bag of popcorn and toss both batches together.
- Serve and ENJOY!
You may also enjoy:
This was originally a sponsored post written by me on behalf of JOLLY TIME Pop Corn. All opinions are 100% mine. Publish date 05-18-15