This "Strawberry Shortcake Bar Ice Cream Cake" recipe is sponsored by Lunchbox, all recipes and opinions belong to Mama Loves Food. #FlavorFlurryFun
P.S. I love ice cream cake. Not like. Not strongly like. Loooooooove. Or lurve, if that's even stronger. Not sure though, hip lingo isn't really my thing. Infinity love. (infinity) x (infinity) + 1. It's a serious kind of feeling I have for this food.
Every year growing up I asked for an ice cream cake on my birthday. And it was the beeeeest. There were never leftovers, because who can control themselves in the face of ice cream cake? Not this gal. So when I recently realized I could make ice cream cakes at home in like 4 seconds with two ingredients? Oh, hello happiest girl alive! Where did you come from? Oh, you know. The kitchen. Wheeeeeeeee!
Two Ingredient Strawberry Shortcake Bar Ice Cream Cake, Ingredients:
- Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Bars, 12 bars
- Whipped Topping
- optional: sprinkles/colored icing/etc.
Two Ingredient Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Cake, Directions:
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and place four strawberry shortcake bars across the bottom (make sure to remove the popsicle sticks first!).
- Spread a layer of whipped topping over the bars and repeat the layers until you're out of bars. Your last layer at the very top should be whipped topping.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on top of the pan and place it in the freezer for several hours, until set.
- Once the cake is set, flip it out onto a serving platter (make sure it's one that fits back into your freezer) and use the remainder of whipped topping to "ice" the cake. If you're adding sprinkles or other decorations, do so now. Return cake to freezer for at least 2 hours to set.
- Slice with a large sharp knife and ENJOY!
For this ice cream bar cake I purchased Good Humor Strawberry Shortcake Bars. Thanks to Albertson’s-Safeway, you can make summer moments even sweeter when you grab your choice of Unilever ice cream products! This summer, satisfy your family’s sweet tooth and stock up on all of your ice cream favorites with the Flavor Flurry Ice Cream Giveaway and Sweepstakes at Albertsons-Safeway!
- Enter For a Chance to Win a Year’s Supply of Free Ice Cream (New winners will be chosen each week for 8 weeks!)
- The first 1,000 people to visit www.FlavorFlurry.com and register on Friday, July 17th starting at 9 AM PT/Noon ET receive FREE ICE CREAM ($5,000 total value)
- Visit the site and enter directly into the sweepstakes for one (1) entry per day
- Sweepstakes Entry Period: 7/17/15 - 9/16/15
- Over $100,000 in Rewards given out through the Flavor Flurry Ice Cream Giveaway and Sweepstakes!!
Make sure to stock up on your ice cream needs during weekly grocery shopping at Safeway-Albertsons stores, and participate in the in-store promotion!
- Offer valid 7/15/15 – 9/14/15
- Stock Up: Buy participating Unilever Ice Cream product multipacks at participating Albertsons-Safeway stores
- Collect Codes: For every purchase of 2 Unilever products, you will receive a Code (must be in same shopping trip).
- Unlock Rewards: Get a $5 Gift Card to Safeway-Albertsons stores for every 2 codes redeemed on the Flavor Flurry site
- The In-Store offer is open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. & D.C., residing in AK, AZ, CA, CO, ID, MT, NM, NV, OR, TX, UT or WA, 18 & over.