This is a partnered post and Mama Loves Food has been compensated for time and work by Albertsons. All opinions and recipes are mine alone. #Albertsons #astockupsale #CollectiveBias
Even though we don't generally get much cool weather this time of year, it still feels like fall. The shadows are longer, the air is a touch drier, and football is constantly on in the background. I really really (really) love fall because it feels so full of expectation and impending joy. Fall gently whispers 'the holidays are coming' and hands me a hot apple cider. Or maybe I make the cider for myself and it's just the leaves rustling in my ear. Regardless, this season feels like magic to me.
One of my favorite flavors, other than pumpkin spice, of course, is apple cider. (Hopefully you've tried my Spiced Apple Cider Cake, and Slow Cooker Apple Butter.) So this weekend the kids and I went a little test kitchen crazy with our fall flavors and put together these easy and delicious Apple Cider Cheerios Treats. They're sweet and cidery with a yummy nutty oaty finish. Mmmmm. I'm kind of wishing we still had some left right now. Mmmmmm.
Apple Cider Cheerios Treats, Ingredients:
- 1/2 stick of butter (4 tablespoons)
- 3 packets apple cider drink mix
- 1 bag mini marshmallows (10 ounces)
- 6 cups Honey Nut Cheerios
Apple Cider Cheerios Treats, Directions:
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over low heat and stir in apple cider packets.
- Slowly stir in marshmallows until everything is incorporated and you have a thick sauce consistency.
- Stir in Cheerios, 1 cup at a time.
- Press Cheerios into a parchment lined baking pan and put aside to set.
- Remove from pan, cut into squares and enjoy!
I picked up our Honey Nut Cheerios from Albertsons during their stock up sale that is going on through October 13, 2015. I also grabbed some Progresso Chicken Noodle Soup and Yoplait Original Strawberry Yogurt which were also on sale!