Do you ever have one of those recipes that you just *know* will work, but everything time you try to make it, something's just a little off? Pumpkin Chili has been that recipe for me. I've made this over and over again, with okay results, but always wondering what was missing. Well, it turns out nothing was missing. Instead I was trying to do too much. I was trying turn my regular chili into pumpkin chili, rather than letting the pumpkin chili be something of its own. So when I finally came to my senses and stripped the recipe down to it's essentials, the heavens parted and the chili gods smiled. Seriously, this Pumpkin Chili is goooood.
The other bonus to making this chili so simple is that it comes together in absolutely no time at all. Ten minutes start to finish and you're chilling on the couch, watching football and savoring your hard work.
Easy Pumpkin Chili, Ingredients:
- 1 can pure pumpkin, 15 ounces
- 1/3 cup chili seasoning (or one 1.25 ounce packet)
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chicken stock (here's how to make your own!)
- 1 pound ground beef
Easy Pumpkin Chili, Directions:
- Combine pumpkin, chili seasoning, cinnamon, and vegetable stock in a pan and bring to a light simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add Grillers Crumbles and heat through.
- Serve and ENJOY!
Shop for items used or inspired by this recipe!
- McCormick Mild Chili Seasoning
- McCormick Gluten-free Chili Seasoning
- Ground Cinnamon
- 100% Pure Pumpkin Puree
- Lodge Cast Iron Pans
- Lodge Enamel Cast Iron Pans
- Super cute chili bowls
- Superhero aprons