This Barbecue Cheddar Crescent Baskets Recipe was developed for Collective Bias and advertiser, Kraft. Mama Loves Food was compensated for time and work. All opinions and recipes are mine alone. #CollectiveBias #NaturallyCheesy
I was getting set up to make some crescent sandwiches when I thought about it and realized my husband always eats four. So, I thought about it some more and decided to do a cute crescent sandwich ring with four crescent rolls. And then I thought about it a little longer and pictured my husband's eyes rolling into the back of his head when I hand him a cute crescent sandwich ring. I did a basket instead. It's like a sandwich, but about a billion times better because the bread is crescent dough, and it's all baked and warm and delicious.
One of our favorite flavor combinations (our = husband + me) is barbecue and cheddar. You may have noticed, as it's made several appearances hereabouts (and will definitely make more). So, of course I made a Barbecue Cheddar Crescent Basket. I love making stuff like this because it's a great way to use rotisserie chicken, leftovers, or chicken that you've got stashed in the freezer.
Barbecue Cheddar Crescent Baskets, Ingredients:
- 4 triangles of crescent dough (packages generally contain 8, so you can make 2 baskets per roll of dough)
- Barbecue sauce
- Chicken, cooked/shredded
- Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Red onion, minced
Barbecue Cheddar Crescent Baskets, Directions:
- Arrange crescents on a parchment lined baking sheet in a star pattern (see image below).
- Layer barbecue sauce, chicken, cheese, onions, and more barbecue sauce.
- Fold over edges of crescent rolls to create a closed "basket" (see images below).
- Bake according to crescent roll directions, until crescent dough is cooked through and browning.
I picked up our Kraft Natural Sharp Cheddar Cheese, rotisserie chicken, barbecue sauce, crescent dough, and onion on a quick trip to Walmart. I love making warm sandwiches for lunch and dinner when the weather cools off. Pair it with a big bowl of soup, and I'm in heaven!