Apple and Onion Sausage stuffing is the perfect recipe for your Thanksgiving dressing. Moist, flavorful and delicious!
Aside from turkey, stuffing is probably the most important dish on our Thanksgiving table. Okay, not probably, it IS the (second) most important dish on our table. My husband looks forward to the stuffing all year (and if we're being honest, so do I). We like soft, moist, baked stuffing with sausage. I've been working on my stuffing game for almost a decade now and served a delicious Cranberry Stuffing at our last holiday. This year I'm a little bit obsessed with the combination of apples and onions, so that's where we're going with things today. It's so good. I happily ate it for several days before Thanksgiving, and still managed to get through a heaping pile during our holiday dinner.
Apple and Onion Sausage Stuffing, Ingredients:
- 1 pound mild pork sausage
- 4 cups small chopped apple
- 1 cup minced onion
- 14 ounces stuffing mix (I usually go with a basic herb stuffing)
- 2 -3 cups chicken stock (here's how to make stock at home)
Apple and Onion Sausage Stuffing, Directions:
- In a large broiler safe pot, brown sausage over medium heat. Add apples and onions, and saute until onions are translucent and apples are softened.
- Stir in stuffing mix, then pour 2 cups of chicken stock over top. Check moisture level of stuffing to see if it's to your liking, then add additional stock as necessary (I usually end up around 2 1/2 cups total). At this point, you can freeze it for later use if you'd like.
- Place under broiler for 2 - 5 minutes, watching closely to brown and crisp the top.
You may also enjoy:
This Apple and Onion Sausage Stuffing Recipe was developed for Collective Bias and advertiser. Mama Loves Food was compensated for time and work. All opinions and recipes are mine alone. #CollectiveBias #HolidayWithGlade. Original post date 12-2-15