This Three Ingredient Eggnog Icing is the perfect solution for using up that last bit of eggnog leftover from the holidays, and it goes perfectly on my Pumpkin Spice Cake!
I made a batch of Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes this weekend and casually walked over to the pantry for a can of icing (news alert: I don't always make my own icing). But alas, there was none. Not even chocolate. Which probably wouldn't have tasted very good on the pumpkin spice cake, but I most likely would've used anyway because --> lazy.
It wasn't an issue though since we didn't have an icing at all. Sad panda. So, I started rifling through the kitchen and briefly considered fixing some Pumpkin Spiced Cream Cheese Icing (which would have gone fabulously on the cupcakes), but decided to try something new when I spotted the little bit of eggnog remaining from Thanksgiving. Perfection!
This recipe is nice because you can make it pretty much whatever consistency you want. My husband likes icing that is thin and drizzled over cakes, but I love a good thick frosting that stands up on its own. By controlling the amount of confectioners sugar, you can stop when you've reached exactly where you want to be! So, what will you put it on???
Three Ingredient Eggnog Icing, Ingredients:
- Eggnog, 1 cup
- Butter, 1 tablespoon
- Confectioner's sugar, 3 pounds (this amount will make a stiff icing, as pictured)
Three Ingredient Eggnog Icing, Directions:
- Whisk together (or use an electric mixer) the eggnog and butter. Add the confectioners sugar about 1 cup at a time, until you reach desired consistency.
- Invite me over for dessert.
Shop for items used or inspired by this recipe!
- KitchenAid Electric Stand Mixer
- Kitchen Aid Electric Hand Mixer
- Bright Spring Lidded Mixing Bowls
- OXO 3 Piece Spatula Set
- Silicone Cupcake Liners
- The Betty Crocker Big Book of Cupcakes