Bacon Wrapped Parmesan Cracker recipe - the perfect delicious and easy appetizer for your next party!
We have company! I know, I know, I've told you that several times, but look look -- PROOF! Hah! The last time Tracey & co. visited in August we didn't do any cooking at home. She likes to remind me that she visited her food blogging niece and then ate take out for a week. Oops. Hey, I was tired. Not to worry though, we're seriously making up for it this time.
Aunt Tracey is visiting from New Jersey with her two grandkids, and a few days ago the hubster was sent out of town for work at the last minute. Tracey and I took advantage of the alone time to binge on Elementary and cook up a storm. And by alone time, I mean it was us and 7 kids aged 9, 8, 6, 5, 4, 2 and 2. Let's just say, the spouses were a welcome site when they arrived back yesterday!
These Bacon Wrapped Parmesan Crackers are inspired by my mother-in-law (Tracey's sister-in-law) who also arrived last night to celebrate her birthday at the Magic Kingdom with us today. (Happy Birthday, Mom!). She makes a long breadstick version that Tracey and I were reminiscing (drooling) about, and I thought - well if you can do it with breadsticks, why not crackers? So we did. And they're ahhhhhhmazing. (No, for real. AHHHHHHHMAZING!).
Our house is full of football fans, and these make the perfect game day appetizer. I very strongly (strongly) suggest making things for your game day party. Or breakfast.
Check out all the awesome football party supplies you can get with our Amazon affiliate link!
These crackers are SO good. They soak up the bacon flavor and become a rich buttery bacony bite of cheesy heaven. I definitely suggest making a double (triple) batch if you have more than a couple adults in attendance!
Bacon Wrapped Parmesan Crackers, Ingredients:
- 1 sleeve Ritz® crackers
- 1 package thick sliced bacon, 16 ounces
- Parmesan cheese (the inexpensive kind kept near the spaghetti sauce)
Bacon Wrapped Parmesan Crackers, Directions:
- Lay crackers on a parchment lined baking sheet and place about 1/2 a teaspoon of cheese on each cracker.
- Slice the entire package of bacon in half (i just use a big knife and do it through the package), wrap each cracker with half a slice of bacon.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 2 hours.
- Pour 1 - 2 cups Parmesan into a bowl and roll each (still warm) cracker in the cheese. Serve immediately or allow to cool, then store in an airtight container for later.
You may also enjoy:
This Easy Bacon Wrapped Parmesan Crackers recipe was originally developed as a partnered campaign with Collective Bias - Mama Loves Food only works with brands we love! All opinions and recipes are mine alone. #CollectiveBias #BowlTimeSnacks - original publish date: 01.20.16