This Brown Sugar Skillet Apples Recipe was developed for Collective Bias and advertiser. Mama Loves Food was compensated for time and work. All opinions and recipes are mine alone. #CollectiveBias #LoveAmericanHome
UPDATE – I made these insanely yummy Brown Sugar Cream Cheese Apple Crescents with them! SO GOOD!!!
Brown Sugar Cinnamon Skillet Apples, Ingredients:
- 3 pounds apples, peeled/cored/quartered
- 1 stick butter (use clarified butter if dairy free)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla
- optional: 1 – 2 teaspoons corn starch to thicken sauce if using as a syrup
Brown Sugar Cinnamon Skillet Apples, Directions:
- In a large pot or skillet, heat butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla, over medium/low heat until ingredients are incorporated.
- Add apples and toss gently until everything is coated in the sugar sauce.
- Cover and continue cooking over medium/low heat for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and serve or can. (Feel free to pack the apples and sauce separately if you want to use the liquid as a pancake or breakfast syrup. If you want to thicken, remove the apples and slowly stir in corn starch, heating for an additional 3 – 5 minutes. You’ll want to serve the sauce warm as the butter may separate some in the refrigerator).