Go ahead and pin this No Knead Cheesy Garlic Beer Bread recipe for later! You’re going to want to make it again! (and again and again!) You probably already have the ingredients in your cupboard!
Cheesy Garlic Tavern Bread, Ingredients:
- 1 packet yeast
- 1/2 cup very warm water
- 1 bottle beer
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 & 1/2 cups finely shredded cheese (I used a blend, but just cheddar is great too!)
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- additional flour for surface
Cheesy Garlic Tavern Bread, Directions:
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water and set aside in a warm place for ten minutes.
- Add beer, garlic salt, and cheese to the bowl. Mix well.
- Add flour in one cup increments, until a sticky dough forms.
- Cover and let rise 60 minutes (I do it in my oven with the light on).
- Place an oven safe dish full of water onto the lowest oven rack and preheat oven to 425 degrees (If you’re letting your dough rise in the oven, don’t forget to remove it!)
- Punch dough down, dump onto a well floured surface and shape into a ball.
- Drop dough ball into a well oiled cast iron pot (or onto a baking stone, or baking sheet, or into loaf pans) and slice an “X” in the top. Bake at 425 for 25 – 35 minutes (until it sounds hollow when you tap on it).
The Outlander books have also been adapted to a television serious, season two of which premieres tomorrow (April 4, 2015). I haven’t watched it yet as I’m too in love with my own vision of the characters. (I still haven’t forgiven myself for seeing the Hunger Games movies!) I strongly suggest you read the books. (Seriously). And enter below to win them along with a Kindle from Rebecca at Living Better Together!!! (CONTEST ENDED)