If you’ve read this blog for any length of time, you’ve probably come to the conclusion that I love soup. And you’d be right. I *LOVE* soup. So when I was recently whipping up a batch of this delicious Simple Bacon Mushroom Sauce, it occurred to me that the recipe would also make a fantastic soup! Yessss! Souppppp! (didja hear? I love soup.) So here it is, the simplest of simple (but also super yummy) Cream of Mushroom Soup.
Creamy Mushroom Soup, Ingredients:
- 1 strip thick cut bacon
- 1 clove garlic, minced (I used fresh)
- 2 -3 tablespoons minced red onion
- mushrooms, 8 ounces (I used baby portabellas, but you can use whatever you like!)
- seasoned salt, to taste (I use Lawry’s or Aunt Cora’s)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 cups chicken stock or broth
Creamy Mushroom Soup, Directions:
- Cook bacon in a frying pan on medium heat until almost crispy. Add
garlic and red onion to pan and cook in bacon grease for 3-5 minutes,
- Add mushrooms and cook until softened. Sprinkle with seasoned salt, to taste.
- Pour in cream and stir until well mixed and heated through. Add chicken stock until you reach desired
consistency. If you like your mushroom soup pureed (I do!) whip out that immersion blender and put it to good use. If not, go ahead and enjoy!
- OPTIONAL: Pour over your favorite pasta (or zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash) for a super fantastic Creamy Mushroom Noodle Soup!