This Easy Black Bean Soup recipe only uses three ingredients and a couple spices, put it on your menu plan for Taco Tuesday, or Wednesday, or any day that ends in ‘Y’! We’ve partnered with Mirum on this post, and you’ll be glad we did! Opinions are 100% my own. #WinTheCrowdWM
We’re supposed to get a cold front this weekend (yay, Florida!), so I’m totally whipping this up on Saturday when our friends come over to watch football and usher in the new year. I’ve heard that beans are good luck. Or good for your heart. Or just taste fantastic. Any of those options work for me.
Easy Black Bean Soup Recipe, Ingredients:
- 1 can Ro*Tel Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies (10 ounces)
- 1 can black beans, not drained (15 ounces)
- 2 cups (or about one can’s worth) chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- salt & pepper, to taste
- optional garnish: sliced/chopped onion, shredded cheese, sour cream, extra Ro*Tel
Easy Black Bean Soup Recipe, Directions:
- Combine all ingredient in a pot and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer on low 5 – 10 minutes, allowing flavors to marry.
- Blend about half the soup with an immersion blender, or by carefully transferring half the soup into an upright blender.
- Garnish and enjoy!
Serves: 2 large bowls or 4 small, Time to prepare: 15 min