This One Pot Chicken and Vegetable Curry Recipe article was developed for Collective Bias and Sam’s Club. Mama Loves Food has been compensated for time and work. Opinions and recipes are mine alone. #CollectiveBias #SamsClubMag
One Pot Chicken and Vegetable Curry, Ingredients:
- 8 cups mixed vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, carrot), not frozen
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 small sweet yellow onion, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can coconut milk or coconut cream (14 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons powdered yellow curry
- 6 chicken thighs
- salt & pepper to taste
- optional: coconut oil
One Pot Chicken and Vegetable Curry, Directions:
- If you don’t have a large broiler safe pot or pan, then start by lightly browning the tops of the chicken thighs in coconut oil on the stove top. Set browned chicken aside. If you will be using a broiler safe pot or pan, skip this step.
- In an upright blender or with your immersion blender, combine the coconut milk and curry powder. Set aside.
- Add mixed vegetables, mushrooms, onion, and garlic to a (preferably broiler safe) pot or pan. Stir gently, then pour all but 1/2 a cup of the coconut curry mixture over top.
- Place chicken thighs over the veggies and top with the remaining coconut curry mixture.
- Cover and bake on center rack at 425 degrees for 35 – 45 minutes. If using a broiler safe dish, uncover and broil 3 – 5 minutes until chicken is browned.
|It’s important to have cute helpers!|
|Get your kids in the kitchen young so they appreciate healthy and delicious food!|