Slow Cooker Chicken Salsa Soup is a simple and delicious recipe perfect for those busy over scheduled days when you still want to enjoy a home cooked meal!
We like to use a medium heat salsa which gives the soup a great flavor, but no real heat. You could totally amp it up with a spicier salsa or some chili pepper if you prefer though!
Slow Cooker Chicken Salsa Soup, Ingredients:
- 26 ounces chicken stock (3 1/4 cups)
- 3-4 lbs chicken breast, boneless/skinless
- 1 can diced tomatoes, 14.4 ounces
- 4 cups kernel corn, fresh/canned/frozen
- 16 ounces prepared salsa
- 16 ounces sour cream
- optional garnishes:
- shredded cheese
Slow Cooker Chicken Salsa Soup, Directions:
- Add stock, chicken, tomatoes, corn, and salsa to a slow cooker (6 quart or larger).
- Cook on high 4-6 hours or low 8-10 hours.
- Shred chicken with a fork and stir in sour cream.
- Garnish to your liking and ENJOY!