This Sweet Sriracha Grilled Chicken recipe combines the complimentary flavors of honey and sriracha to make a delicious grill sauce.
Apologies, apologies, for the lack of pictures! I know it is so completely unlike me (maybe refreshingly), but we made this Sweet Sriracha Grilled Chicken dish for dinner tonight and it was so delicious that I just had to quickly snap a picture of my plate so I could get it up and to you as soon as possible! We just couldn’t get enough of this chicken. It’s lightly sweet with a hint of spice and a buttery finish. Yum, yum, yum.
When I was preparing the glaze, my husband chimed in that he really doesn’t care for spicy foods these days. And then my 9 year old crinkled his nose and told me I was using way too much butter. The thing about grilling and glazes, is that flavors become much more subtle and nuanced in the cooking process. Which is why I’m the food blogger, and they’re the food eaters. I won’t lie though, they had me a touch worried about how things would turn out, so I did a batch of barbecue thighs just in case. (p.s. We didn’t end up needing the bbq chicken. Yay for lunch tomorrow!)
Sweet Sriracha Grilled Chicken, Ingredients:
- 2 sticks butter, melted
- 4 -5 tablespoons sriracha
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 12 chicken thighs
Sweet Sriracha Grilled Chicken, Directions:
- Whisk together the butter, sriracha, and honey. Taste and adjust as necessary. Remember, the flavors will mellow on the grill. As written, this is not a spicy dish. Set sauce aside.
- Bring your grill up to medium heat, between 350 and 400 degrees.
- Place chicken on the grill, baste with sauce, then turn and baste the other side. Cover grill.
- Continue to flip and baste about every three minutes (covering in between) until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees F and all sauce is used.
- Allow chicken to rest about 5 minutes, then enjoy!
Shop our affiliate links for items related to this recipe!
- Huy Fong Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce
- Nature Nate’s 100% Pure Raw and Unfiltered Honey
- BBQ Grill Gloves
- Grill Tongs
- Grill Master Platter
- Meat thermometer
You might also enjoy: