Zucchini in Red Sauce is one of those recipes I feel silly calling a recipe. (It’s not really a recipe.) I grew up eating this at my grandmother’s house, and never thought twice about it. But when I made this for my husband, he was astonished. “Wait?! This makes zucchini taste REALLY good!”
For the record, I think zucchini pretty much always tastes good.
Zucchini in Red Sauce, Ingredients:
- 6 medium zucchini cut into bite size pieces
- 25 ounces (about 3 cups) spaghetti/marinara sauce
Zucchini in Red Sauce, Directions:
- Bring marinara sauce to a low simmer in a large sauce pan.
- Add zucchini and cook covered, on low, approximately 20 minutes or until you reach desired tenderness.
- Enjoy with meatballs and garlic knots!