I’m not generally much of a bread eater, so when I do indulge I want it to count. Fresh, warm, and absolutely slathered in good butter. But I never remember to pick it up at the bakery and even quick bread isn’t really all that quick, right? Well, that’s what I thought too – but it turns out, you can have yeast dinner rolls on the table in 30 minutes. Totally serious, from start to finish. And they’re gooooood.
I’ve been tweaking this recipe for a little while and think we’ve hit the nail on the head here. Of course, I added a touch of garlic because pretty much everything is better with garlic. But you can skip that if you want a sweeter roll. (Try the garlic though, it’s tasty).
30 Minute Garlic Dinner Rolls, Ingredients:
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 packet rapid rise yeast
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt (switch for 1 teaspoon salt if you don’t want garlic)
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
30 Minute Garlic Dinner Rolls, Directions:
- Add yeast to warm water and allow to proof for 2 minutes. Add olive oil, sugar, and salt. Mix well.
- Stir in flour 1/2 cup at a time. Knead with dough hook or by hand 3 – 5 minutes. Allow dough to rest 10 minutes.
- Form into balls (15 – 20) and place on a baking sheet or pan (I used a cast iron pot). If placing against one another, coat lightly with olive oil.
- Bake at 400 degrees for approximately 10 minutes (if placing against one another they may take a few more minutes).
- Slather with butter and ENJOY!
This recipe was inspired by Real Mom Kitchen.
Shop for items used or inspired by this recipe!
- Fleishmann’s RapidRise Yeast Packets
- King Arthur Unbleached All Purpose Flour
- Lawry’s Garlic Salt
- Kirkland Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Domino Premium Pure Cane Sugar
- Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Baking Sheet
- KitchenAid Classic Stand Mixer
- Lodge PreSeasoned Cast Iron Combo
- Vintage Style Kitchen Towels
- “Challah Back” Kitchen Apron