After a busy weekend with way too much fast food, tonight was a peaceful family dinner. Even Casey enjoyed the chicken and (one bite of) baked beans!
– Lettuce (your favorite type)
– Salad Dressing (your favorite type)
– Salad Fixings, i.e. tomato, croutons, olives, etc. (optional)
– 1 Can Baked Beans (I prefer vegetarian because they’re yummy AND healthy, but you choose your favorite type)
– Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs (two per adult, one per child)
– Barbecue Sauce (I use whatever’s on sale, but you choose your favorites)
– Coat chicken in barbecue sauce and place on the Foreman (or real grill if you’re feeling sassy). Turn once to cook evenly and avoid charring. Reserve some sauce for dipping.
– While chicken is cooking, prepare salad and set aside (not rocket science).
– While chicken is cooking open can of beans and heat in microwave or over stove. Set aside.
– Plate chicken and tell the fam to get their butts to the table.