Chicken chili is our regular go-to on busy nights. Super easy to make, and everyone loves it! Add all your favorite toppings for the perfect simple weeknight dinner.
I don’t know about you, but it doesn’t seem to matter how well I plan, there’s always at least one night a week that we end up scrambling for dinner. Enter this Chicken Chili. It’s made with ingredients we always have in the freezer or cupboard and it only takes a few minutes to throw together. Also? It’s really tasty.
Chicken Chili Ingredients
- Chicken breast meat – cooked and shredded or chopped (here’s how to make the perfect baked chicken)
- Diced tomatoes – canned
- Chili seasoning – I’m partial to the McCormick’s brand
- Optional garnishes: sour cream, shredded cheese, pickled jalapenos, kernel corn
How do you make a quick chicken chili?
⭐ First, bring diced tomatoes and chili seasoning to a simmer on the stove top.
⭐ Then, stir in cooked chicken and continue to simmer until everything is heated through.
⭐ Finally, top with your favorite garnishes!
More chili recipes we love
Make sure to check out all the types of chili we have!
More cooked chicken recipes we love
See all our easy chicken recipes!
- Farberware 16 quart covered stock pot – You can’t beat a good heavy stock pot and this one has happily graced my kitchen for years now.
- 7 quart Crock Pot – Most soup and chili recipes can be converted back and forth from stove-top to slow cooker. This is the slow cooker we got for our wedding in 2003 and it’s still kicking butt!
- Giant soup bowls – Because why would you eat chili out of a small bowl?
- 4 cup glass measuring cup – Everyone needs a good measuring cup!
- Stainless steel measuring spoons – I have a really bad habit of melting plastic measuring spoons, so we’ve recently purchased these stainless steel ones and they’ve been great. I also love that they don’t absorb odors. I’m looking at you, curry.
How to Make Chicken Chili
- 4 cooked chicken breasts chopped or shredded
- 1 28 ounce large can diced tomatoes NOT drained
- 1 packet McCormick's Mild Chili Seasoning 1.25 ounce package
- optional garnishes: shredded cheese, kernel corn, sour cream, sliced jalapenos
- Bring tomatoes and chili seasoning to a simmer in a large pan.
- Add cooked chicken breast and continue to simmer until everything is heated through.
- Enjoy with your favorite garnishes.