This Simple Cilantro Garlic Sauce recipe is inspired by Pollo Tropical. It only takes seconds to make and you’ll want to put it on everything!
If you haven’t been to Pollo Tropical, you should probably add it to your bucket list. The grilled chicken quarters are spectacular. One day I’ll learn how to grill chicken with such finesse. Try it on our tostadas recipe!
Cilantro Garlic Sauce
Cilantro Garlic Sauce Ingredients
- Cream cheese (I implore you to please not use low fat. Pretty please.)
- Garlic, peeled
- Lime juice
- Fresh cilantro
How do you make cilantro garlic sauce?
★ Next, add cilantro and continue blending until smooth again.
★ Finally, use immediately or (ideally) refrigerate overnight to allow flavors to meld, and ENJOY!
What goes well with cilantro garlic sauce?
In any case, my husband wants me to tell you all that this is not, I repeat, NOT Pollo Tropical ‘s Cuban Cilantro Garlic Sauce. It is super yummy and awesomely (awesomely!) delicious, but definitely not (and not trying to be!) a copycat recipe.
I even like to dip roasted plantains in it. Sweet, salty, tangy, it’s an orchestra of delicious in your mouth!
How do you make creamy cilantro sauce?
We use a combination of cream cheese and milk to make our cilantro sauce perfectly creamy. It’s a similar base to our super popular Garlic Cream Cheese Dip. But with cilantro and lime and Mmmmmmm.
How many calories are in cilantro garlic sauce from Pollo Tropical?
According to Pollo Tropical, there are roughly 90 calories in a one ounce serving of their Cilantro Garlic Sauce. Ours will vary depending on what type of milk and what type of cream cheese you choose to use.
What is in the curry mustard at Pollo Tropical?
I don’t now their exact recipe, but you can check out our delicious version over here on our curry mustard recipe page (we use mustard, mayo, and curry)!
More delicious condiments
See all our condiment recipes!
Tools we love
- Cuisinart Smart Stick 2 Speed Hand Blender – one of the most used tools in my kitchen. Blend alllll the things. I basically only take my big blender out for margaritas anymore. Because, margaritas.
- OXO Good Grips Salad Dressing Shaker – It’s cute, and I like it, and I like salads better when they have cute things to go along with them. It’s not just me, right?
- Ball Jar Wide Mouth Pint and Half Jars with Lids – addicted to canning jars. Canning jars are slowly replacing our tupperware and I am not at all sad about it. Also I use them for glasses. Especially margarita glasses. Because, margaritas.
Love this recipe? Join Us For More!
Follow us below!Use #mamalovesfood on Instagram!
How to Make Cilantro Garlic Sauce
Cilantro Garlic Sauce
- 8 ounces cream cheese I implore you to please not use low fat. Pretty please.
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 clove garlic peeled
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves
- Blend all ingredients except cilantro with an immersion blender (or upright blender) until smooth.
- Add cilantro and continue blending until smooth again.
- Refrigerate overnight to allow flavors to meld, and ENJOY!