My husband has proclaimed himself “not a dessert guy” – which of course, is total absurdity. But sadly, it’s true. He’s just not that into desserts. With the exception being anything chocolate chip cookie. And lemme break it down for you, this isn’t just any chocolate chip cookie. This is the ultimate of ultimate chocolate chip cookies. He just walked by as I was typing this and deep sighed at the screen. Because even the fleeting memory of this bad boy will make you quiver and beg for more.
Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie is an ooey gooey chocolatey mess of sweet heaven, only made better when served warm with a dollop of vanilla ice cream. It’s also a really simple dish to make that helps keep little hands busy in the kitchen.
Shop our Amazon affiliate links for items mentioned or featured in this recipe:
Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Ingredients:
- 1 roll refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- semi sweet chocolate chips
- chopped walnuts (optional)
- vanilla ice cream
Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Directions:
- Press half the cookie dough into the bottom of a 9 inch oval casserole dish.
- Sprinkle a layer of chocolate chips and chopped walnuts over the cookie dough.
- Crumble the remaining half of cookie dough over top of the chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 25 minutes, until the top of the cookie pie is turning a golden brown.
- Allow to cool for about ten minutes, then serve warm with vanilla ice cream.