Easy Baked Coconut Shrimp is a great recipe to celebrate National Seafood Month, and for reminding yourself that you can bring back a little bit of summer in your kitchen any time you please! This post brought to you by Seafood Nutrition Partnership. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Mama Loves Food.
Easy Baked Coconut Shrimp, Ingredients:
- 1 pound raw medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour/starch (cornstarch or arrowroot flour will work as well)
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 – 3 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
Easy Baked Coconut Shrimp, Directions:
- Place shrimp into a large bowl. Blend together egg whites, lime juice, and honey. Pour it over the shrimp and stir well to coat everything. Allow to marinate in refrigerator at least 15 minutes.
- In another bowl, combine tapioca flour and seasoned salt. Mix well.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove shrimp from marinade. DO NOT discard remaining marinade.
- One by one, dredge each shrimp first in the tapioca flour mix, then in the remaining marinade, then in shredded coconut.
- Place on a parchment or silicone lined baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for approximately 12 minutes, until shrimp is pink with red tails and the flesh is slightly opaque and a little “white” in color.
- Serve with some sweet chili sauce or our famous cilantro garlic sauce.