If you’re into easy poached eggs like me, you’re going to want to pin this hack for later! Go ahead and impress your friends with the perfect poached egg.
I love poached eggs. Okay, I love most eggs, but especially poached eggs! I never made them much because they’re kind of a pain and I felt like I lost half the egg white every time. To the husband (and pantry’s) chagrin, I started researching poaching pans on Amazon. But then a friend asked if I had tried mason jar rings. Erm, what?
I’ve also recently learned how to make hollandaise sauce with a stick blender. With these two hacks, my waistline may never recover. And please excuse my kitchen, I’m a bit of a whirlwind. But isn’t cooking more fun that way? I think so!
Easy Poached Eggs, Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon vinegar (I used apple cider vinegar, but any type will work!)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- wide mouth mason jar rings (one per egg)
- optional: hollandaise sauce
Easy Poached Eggs, Directions:
- Fill a deep sauce pan with water, add salt, and vinegar.
- Bring to a rolling boil and drop in mason jar rings.
- Turn heat down to medium/low and crack eggs gently into rings (make sure water covers eggs completely)
- Cook about 7 minutes, or until you reach desired doneness.
- Lift eggs/rings out of water with a large spatula and take mason ring off spatula before plating eggs.