Egg Casserole is a simple and delicious choice for breakfast. Make it ahead of time to keep things easy and quick in the morning!
Egg Casserole is one of my favorite things to make when I know we’re going to have a busy week. You can make it in advance and heat it up in the morning when you’re ready to eat. We like to enjoy our egg casserole with a cup of coffee (bulletproof coffee is my favorite), and some crispy oven bacon!
Click the button above to save this recipe!
Egg Casserole Ingredients
- Eggs – This is egg casserole after all and you’d better believe it calls for a whole lot of eggs!
- Milk – We like whole milk, half and half, or heavy cream for this recipe, but reduced fat or even fat free will work in a pinch.
- Seasoned salt – You can substitute plain salt in a pinch, but seasoned salt will add more flavor.
- Pepper – We only like a little pepper in the recipe, but I usually sprinkle some on top of my own when it’s finished too.
- Onion – I like to cheat and buy pre-diced frozen onions!
- Sweet pepper – I also cheat and buy pre-diced frozen sweet pepper!
- Mushrooms – You can use fresh, canned, or frozen mushrooms for this recipe.
- Bacon – Make sure you’re using real bacon, not the weird bacon flavored bits. I like to make bacon in the oven and then keep a freezer bag full for recipes. You could also sub any other meat like ham, baked chicken, or turkey!
- Cheese – Our favorite for this egg casserole recipe is a Mexican blend, but you can use whatever your favorite is, or whatever you find on sale.
How do you make an egg casserole? (Step-by-step)
⭐ First, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. I like to use an electric mixer or an immersion blender to get them nice and fluffy.
⭐ Then, stir in remaining ingredients, and pour into a casserole dish.
⭐ Finally, bake until cooked through.
Can you prepare an egg casserole ahead of time?
Yes! You can prep it, cover it, and pop it in the fridge the night before. Then cook it in the morning when you’re ready to eat. You can also bake it and then warm it up in single servings over the course of the week for easy breakfasts.
What can you add to the casserole?
The sky is the limit! I like to throw any odds and ends that I find lingering in the crisper. Also leftover bits of meat from recent dinners.
Leftovers and storage
How long does egg casserole last?
It will keep in the refrigerator up to about five days or in the freezer for a few months.
Can you freeze egg casserole?
To freeze, allow it to cool completely, then cover tightly or move to a freezer-friendly container and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator or in the microwave on thaw setting.
Is egg casserole healthy?
This obviously depends on the diet your body needs, but objectively speaking our egg casserole is full of protein from the eggs and meat, it’s got vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants from the vegetables, and it’s got calcium and vitamin D from the cheese and milk.
This egg casserole recipe is also gluten free, keto compliant, and paleo friendly.
Is egg casserole keto?
The ketogenic diet is a high-fat, adequate-protein, low-carbohydrate diet. The ingredients we use for our egg casserole are high in fat and protein, so yes egg casserole is keto friendly.
Complete your breakfast with these recipe suggestions
I love to search this egg casserole at big holiday breakfasts alongside some oven fried bacon, blueberry French toast casserole, and chocolate chip banana bread. I also think this casserole is the perfect way to use of leftover veggies from our pan cooked vegetables recipe!
More awesome breakfast ideas
More Paleo and Keto Compliant Recipes
- Bulletproof Coffee
- Keto Peppermint Mocha
- Stuffed Mushrooms
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Egg Salad
- Ghee / Clarified Butter
- Here’s a collection of our favorite keto breakfast recipes.
Tools we love
- Casserole dish – We used in 8×8.5″ dish. I love one that comes with a cover.
- Santuko knife – My favorite knife for cutting vegetables! This knife is the perfect size and shape, handles great, and is super reasonably priced. Also, I just love that it’s fun and colorful!
- Stick blender – Possibly the most used gadget in my entire kitchen. The key to making a hand blender useful versus a giant pain in the butt is to rinse it immediately after using. That way you’re never trying to get crusty dried goop out from under the blades.
- Omega Cacao PowerCreamer – This is the secret ingredient to making the perfect Keto Peppermint Mocha!
Get our FREE Easy Casseroles Ebook!
Follow us below!Use #mamalovesfood on Instagram!
How to Make Egg Casserole
- 12 eggs
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 cups diced sweet pepper
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup crumbled bacon
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Whisk eggs, milk, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, bake in a casserole dish (we used 8x8.5”) at 350 degrees for 60 minutes or until cooked through to your liking.
See our collection of favorite blogger casserole recipes!
Click the button above to save this recipe!
This Egg Casserole article was originally sponsored by Omega PowerCreamer. All content and opinions belong to Mama Loves Food.