I know, it’s a mouthful. Literally! I made these french toast waffles on a whim for our breakfast this morning and it was a big hit. But then, who doesn’t love breakfast laced with cinnamon and vanilla.
– 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
– 1 cup milk (I used whole milk)
– 1 pinch of salt
– 3 eggs
– 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 1 tablespoon real vanilla extract
– 6 slices whole wheat bread
– Whisk all ingredients (except bread) in a large bowl.
– Soak each slice for about a minute (half on each side) and place on a hot waffle maker.
– Cook 5 – 7 minutes, until fluffy, browned and cooked through.
– Sprinkle with powdered sugar and drizzle with maple syrup.