Gingersnap Pumpkin Pie Bites mix delicious gingersnap cookies with silky pumpkin pie to make a simple and tasty bite sized treat!
I have a deep fondness for pumpkin pie. I also have a deep fondness for cute bite sized desserts. This fun and easy Gingersnap Pumpkin Pie Bites recipe combines my adoration of both to produce a delicious, and much deserved, love.
I made these when my parents were visiting and my dad side-eyed at them and said they smelled good, but he was skeptical. Then he ate half the pan and asked if I would make them for Thanksgiving.
(Confession: I ate the other half of the pan.)
If you can’t find (or don’t want to make) gingersnap cookie dough, any flavor will work. We’ve made it with sugar cookie, snicker doodle, and even chocolate! I haven’t found a combination I didn’t like yet.
Shop our Amazon affiliate links for items used or inspired by this recipe!
- Gingerbread Cookie Mix – you could totally make your own cookie mix for the bottom of these gingerbread pumpkin pie bites, but this is the mix I love. It’s seasonal, so if you’re wanting to do Christmas in July, make sure to stock up ahead.
- Libby’s 100% Pure Pumpkin – be sure you’re using pure pumpkin, not pumpkin pie mix. It’s an easy mistake to make but will make a big difference in the outcome of the recipe.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – again here, be careful not to use evaporated milk!
- Ground Cinnamon – p.s. I love cinnamon. Do you?
- Ground Nutmeg – see also, deep and abiding love for nutmeg. I even add it to my Pumpkin Curry Soup. Mmmmm.
- Ground Ginger – ginger is so versatile! Use it in everything from dessert to salads!
- Simply Calphalon Non-Stick Baking Pans – we got these pans for our wedding and are still using them!
- Ivory Ceramic Pumpkin Serving Platter – I loooooove a good platter. Do you?
- Happy Harvest Patterned Bakery Apron – see also: apron addiction.
Gingersnap Pumpkin Pie Bites, Ingredients:
- 1 package gingerbread cookie dough mix, prepared per package directions (I use Betty Crocker brand)
- 1 can pure pumpkin, 15 ounce
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Gingersnap Pumpkin Pie Bites, Directions:
- Press gingerbread cookie dough into the bottom of a 9″x9″ parchment lined cake pan.
- In a bowl combine pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Pour pumpkin pie mix over gingerbread cookie dough and bake on center rack at 350 degrees for one hour.
- Allow to cool for 20 minutes, then cut and serve!
Other recipes you may enjoy!
originally published 12-2011