We’re so lucky in Florida that there’s no real ‘cook out season’… we can grill pretty nearly all year round (ok, well, except during those pesky hurricanes). Even so, it always seems to work out that we do the bulk of our grilling in the dead heat of summer. There’s just something about cooling off in the pool after standing next to a hot grill!
Here’s another family favorite, Beer Boiled Bratwurst!
Grilled Beer Brats
- - Bratwurst
- - Beer enough to cover the bratwurst in a pot (your choice of brand, we used Budweiser because it was on sale, but I find the darker the beer, the more flavorful the brats)
- - Yellow onion thinly sliced
- - All purpose seasoning my preference is Aunt Cora's Soulful Seasoning
- - Olive oil enough to lightly coat saute pan
- - Hot dog buns
- - Condiments I love me some Curry Mustard Sauce
– Beer, enough to cover the bratwurst in a pot (your choice of brand, we used Budweiser because it was on sale, but I find the darker the beer, the more flavorful the brats)
– Yellow onion, thinly sliced
– All purpose seasoning (my preference is Aunt Cora’s Soulful Seasoning)
– Olive oil (enough to lightly coat saute pan)
– Hot dog buns
– Condiments (I love me some Curry Mustard Sauce)
– Boil the bratwurst in beer until plump and cooked through (about 20-30 minutes)
– Saute/caramelize the onions on medium/low heat with a little bit of olive oil and all purpose seasoning (about 30-40 minutes is my preference). Set aside.
– Place boiled bratwurst on a low heat grill for about 5 minutes on each side (until lightly browned)
– Serve in hot dog buns with carmelized onions and other condiments of your choosing!