You guyssssssss! It’s soup season!!!!! Admittedly, I’m the crazy lady who eats soup year round in Florida, but I get all Sad Panda when soups disappear from my Pinterest feed and Facebook timeline, because SOOOOOOUP. Yum. And what goes best with a steamy bowl of soup? Uh, grilled cheese. Duh.
So today, I’m going to take you through the totally not at all subjective process of creating a perfect grilled cheese sandwich. I have spent years perfecting this process for you. So, welcome to your new favorite soup-mate. And if you were already doing it this way? Kudos! Let’s make out. (Kidding, I’m married! Let’s just hug.)
How to Make the Perfect Grilled Cheese, Ingredients:
- Really good bread, I prefer a sturdy sour dough with thicker than average slices
- Crispy bacon, it absolutely needs to be crispy otherwise you run the risk of yanking the whole rubbery slice out with your first bite. And that’s basically criminal.
- Thin sliced tomatoes, if they’re too thick you’ll end up with a gloopy tomato seedy mess.
- American cheese, classic. Please don’t deviate.
- Butter, the real stuff.
How to Make the Perfect Grilled Cheese, Directions:
- Slather the outside of each slice of bread with butter. Be generous.
- Cover the unbuttered side of each slice with cheese. Yes, both slices get cheese.
- On one slice place bacon, and on the other slice place tomato. Carefully put slices together, buttered sides facing out.
- Cook on a medium heat skillet, turning frequently for even browning, until toasted to your liking.
- Enjoy with a piping hot cup of soup!
For today’s grilled cheese pairing, I chose Campbell’s® Slow Kettle® Style Andouille Sausage Jambalaya Soup with Chicken & Ham Soup that my husband has been raving about. I’m loving Campbell’s new products and line of soups for when I don’t have time to prepare my own. Each soup is crafted by chefs who carefully combine unique ingredients in creative ways. They are made with patience, not preservatives and feature real ingredients that are a cut above (like angus beef, fresh cream, Andouille sausage, Portobello mushrooms, asiago cheese, & Madeira wine).
You can find more delicious Campbell recipes at their website and follow them on Twitter at @Campbells!