Maple Nut Clusters recipe is simple and delicious. The perfect afternoon snack or easy to make teacher gift.
I don’t know about you, but we’re constantly on the lookout for wholesome snacks. Slowly (very slowly) we’ve been trying to wean the family off of processed food. I mean, let’s be real. We still eat processed food – but the goal is to make it the exception rather than the rule. The snack cabinet has more nuts and dried fruits, the refrigerator has more meats and dairy products. We’re far from perfect, but it’s a journey!
Maple Nut Clusters, Ingredients:
- 1 cup each: cashews, unshelled walnuts, raw almonds
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- salt, to taste
- optional ingredients: dried fruit, dark chocolate bits
Maple Nut Clusters, Directions:
- Rough chop the cashews, walnuts and almonds, then toss into a pan over medium low heat. Add maple syrup and stir well.
- Bring syrup to a light simmer, then turn heat down to low.
- Stir periodically, until syrup has thickened and there is very little left on the bottom of the pan when you stir the nuts.
- Pour in sesame seeds and coconut flakes, stir well to combine.
- Spread nut mixture onto a silpat or parchment lined baking sheet, pressing flat to make a thin layer.
- Optional: Bake at 250 F for 15 – 20 minutes, until nut mixture is dry and no longer sticky to the touch.
- Dust with salt and allow to cool completely.
The Five-Point Purity Promise:
- No Artificial Growth Hormones*
- All milk is tested for antibiotics
- Continually quality tested to ensure purity
- From cows fed a healthy diet
- Cold shipped fresh from your local dairy
Looking for more tasty snacks that pair great with a glass of milk? Check out these:
- Peanut Butter and Granola ‘Candy’ Apples
- Cashew Fruit Bites
- Coconut Maple Peanut Butter Dip
- Ham and Cheese Crescent Rolls
- Roasted Plantains
- Fruit and Granola Trail Mix
Connect with DairyPure and TruMoo on social media!
- TruMoo on Twitter
- TruMoo on Facebook
- DairyPure on Facebook
- TruMoo on Pinterest
- DairyPure on Pinterest
*No significant difference has been shown between milk derived from cows treated with the artificial growth hormone rbST and non-rbST-treated cows.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.