I’m on a bit of a pickling kick. Nothing major, don’t go calling the news. But mmmmm pickles. I bought a heaping bag of jalapenos for the pico de gallo and fish tacos, not realizing how few we actually needed (hint: not very many), so when I saw the giant pile next to a head of garlic in our vegetable bowl, I was inspired! Pickled Garlic Jalapenos, yay!
I used the same brine as I was using for the Pickled Red Onions (hello, convenience) and these came out super yummy. I’m not a huge spicy person, but I found myself munching on them while enjoying our Chicken Nachos last night. Plenty of heat, but also lots of flavor. My kids also had fun daring each other to try them. I live in a frat house, seriously.
Pickled Garlic Jalapenos, Ingredients:
- Jalapenos, sliced (remove seeds for less heat)
- Garlic, minced (if you don’t have a garlic press, you need one)
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 3 cups filtered water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
Pickled Garlic Jalapenos, Directions:
- Drop a pile of minced garlic in the bottom of your clean sterilized jars, and top with sliced jalapenos. (If I’m out of mason jars, I like to use old spaghetti sauce or pickle jars! Just make sure they’re well cleaned.)
- Combine vinegar, water, sugar and salt in a microwave safe glass or bowl and microwave for 1 – 2 minutes, until salt and sugar dissolve when stirred.
- Pour brine over jalapenos, cover and refrigerate about a week. Keep refrigerated.