If you like salsa, you’ll love this Restaurant Style Roasted Tomato and Garlic Salsa. Make sure to prepare extra for friends, and pin this recipe because you’re going to want it again and again!
Roasted Tomato and Garlic Salsa Ingredients:
- 15 – 20 plum tomatoes (also called Roma, aim for about 2.25 lbs), halved
- 1 large yellow (sweet) onion, cut in eighths
- 3 jalapenos, halved
- 25 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 3/4 Cup cilantro leaves, not packed
- olive oil
Roasted Tomato and Garlic Salsa Directions:
- Place tomatoes, onion, garlic and jalapenos (cut side up) on a lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast at 350 degrees for approximately 45 – 60 minutes (until onions are translucent and veggies have some char, 55 minutes was perfect for me).
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Pulse in food processor with cilantro and a pinch or two of salt, until desired consistency is reached. (Be sure not to overload your processor, this may take two batches.)
Recipe inspired by One Particular Kitchen.