This really is a Simple Bacon Mushroom Sauce. Mushrooms, bacon, garlic, and cream. Seriously, I don’t think I need to say anything more about this sauce.
Simple (bacon) Mushroom Sauce, Ingredients:
- 1 strip thick cut bacon
- 1 clove garlic, minced (I used fresh)
- 2 -3 tablespoons minced red onion
- mushrooms, 8 ounces (I used baby portabellas, but you can use whatever you like!)
- seasoned salt, to taste (I use Lawry’s or Aunt Cora’s)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- optional: chicken stock or broth
Simple (bacon) Mushroom Sauce, Directions:
- Cook bacon in a frying pan on medium heat until almost crispy. Add garlic and red onion to pan and cook in bacon grease for 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add mushrooms and cook until softened. Sprinkle with seasoned salt, to taste.
- Pour in cream and stir until well mixed and heated through. If you want the sauce a bit thinner, add chicken stock until you reach desired consistency.
- Pour over your favorite pasta (or zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash) and enjoy!