We had a barbecue this summer and my friend Meaghan brought over asparagus to roast. It was the most deliciously yummy asparagus I have ever tasted ever in my whole entire life. And I even ordered asparagus at the stupidly expensive restaurant we went to for our tenth wedding anniversary. Meaghan’s asparagus was better. The bonus? It’s incredibly easy to make.
This asparagus is divine on its own, or if you want to make it even fancier (maybe trying to impress a boyfriend or the boss), drizzle some hollandaise sauce over it. But beware, it will probably get you a promotion or proposal, so just be prepared. It’s that awesome. (Even my eight year old eats it).
The Best Roast Asparagus EVER, Ingredients:
- fresh asparagus
- olive oil
- Montreal Steak Seasoning
- optional: Hollandaise Sauce (here is my super easy recipe!)
The Best Roast Asparagus EVER, Directions:
- Rinse asparagus and cut about half an inch off the ends.
- Place in an oven safe dish and drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle liberally with the Montreal Steak Seasoning and not quite as liberally with the salt. Give a good toss about to make sure all those suckers are coated.
- Roast uncovered at 350 degrees for fifteen minutes.