This Ultimate Bean Free Chili recipe is the perfect meal for a cool fall night – make sure to add it to your weekly menu plan.
Chili is basically my best friend. So, when I realized my stand-by chili recipe was no bueno on the paleo diet I started concocting plans for a Brand! New! Recipe! It took a while of tweaking, but I’m pretty much super in love with this bean free chili. It’s my new favorite food and my husband (who does NOT follow the paleo diet) declared it even better than the old chili!
The Ultimate Bean Free Chili, Ingredients:
- 5 pounds ground beef
- 4 pounds mild pork sausage, ground (you can usually find this in 1lb tubes near the bacon)
- 1/2 pound bacon, chopped into small pieces
- 2 large yellow onions, rough chopped
- 2 cans Rotel, mild (28 ounces)
- 2 cans tomato paste (6 ounces)
- 12 green bell peppers (seriously)
- 1 large celery bunch
- 2 tablespoons dark cocoa powder (I’m partial to Hershey’s Special Dark)
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes, not drained (28 ounces)
- 3 cups julienned carrots
- 4 packages McCormick Mild Chili Seasoning (1.25 ounce packages) – they have a gluten free version too!
The Ultimate Bean Free Chili, Directions:
- Brown ground beef and pork sausage, drain and set aside.
- Fry bacon in a pan, when bacon is nearly crisp add onions and saute until translucent. Add carrots and continue to cook until softened.
- In a large stock pot combine all ingredients.
- Cook on low all day, or at least 4 hours.