Refrigerator Pickles are a simple pickle recipe made with vinegar, dill, and garlic. This no boil pickle recipe will become a family favorite in no time!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Servings 1 cucumber
- Cucumbers sliced (Use whatever kind you prefer, I like to do a variety but if you get the kind with a coat of wax, be sure to peel it!) - I use enough to nearly fill a quart jar
- Fresh garlic thinly sliced - I use 2-3 large cloves per quart jar
- Sweet yellow onion thinly sliced - I use 1 small onion per quart jar
- Dill seed yes, seed NOT weed - I use about a tablespoon per quart jar
- Salt - I use 1 -2 tablespoon per quart jar
- White vinegar
- Filtered water
Add cucumber, onion, and garlic to a large bowl. Sprinkle with dill seed and salt, then mix well (alternately you could layer directly into your mason jar).
Pack mixture into mason jars. Pour vinegar into jar until it is about 1/4 - 1/3rd full. Fill remainder of the jar with water, screw on cap (tightly!) and give it a good shake. Taste your brine (no, SERIOUSLY) - this is your opportunity to make adjustments!
Refrigerate overnight, then enjoy! (These will keep for about 2 weeks in the refrigerator, but I seriously doubt they will last that long.)